5 days ago
Bidding Practice # 325: How would you bid these hands to reach your final contract? How many tricks can North or South take? How would you play the hands? If using any system other than Standard American, please identify. Good luck! ...
1 week ago
Hand of the Week #63: This is your chance to make a decision and then compare it to what others did. Look at the bidding carefully and also the explanation of South’s 3♦ bid. Often, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer, but some bids will result in a better score than others. This quiz is meant to test your ability to apply the rules and your judgment while also scrutinizing the bidding around the table. Tomorrow, I'll post the results of several tables who bid and played this game, and the analysis and deduction that can be made from it. Good luck! ...
3 months ago
Pembroke Bridge Club are celebrating their 3rd Year Anniversary this week. The Club itself may be closed due to this isolation period but this group of bridge players are still going strong. Club owner Irene Delahunty has set up the club online!
All members have access to two available sites, namely, Bridge Club Live and Bridgebase Online. The club have continued to play, and the online sessions have taken off tremendously! The plan was always to continue to stick together as a ‘bridge family,’ she said. 'There are so many of us now, we are keeping each other entertained, not only online but also on the club’s WhatsApp group!’
Several members play regularly independently, but really enjoy the club sessions too. Each session will have a minimum of six tables playing at the same time with results being presented at the end, along with master points still be awarded. Play starts at 6pm on Tuesday evenings, which is the Bridge Club Live website and the Thursday afternoons start promptly at 2pm along with the Friday mornings at 11am, which are held on the BBO website. The BBO sessions are for Pembroke Bridge Club only. The club are also very fortunate with having a fully qualified Director available at every session.
The bridge lessons are also on-going with club teacher Peter Milewski who has started classes on-line, in the ’teacher’s corner,’ on Wednesday mornings on Bridge Club Live at 11am. Members are absolutely delighted at being able to continue to learn this fabulous game!
Results from last week were as follows; Thursday 9th April - 8 Table Mitchell Top N/S Peter Milewski & Anthony Stevens 68.85 2nd Margaret & Richard Caley 67.16 3rd John Valentine & Lucy Brooker 58.44 Top E/W Irene Delahunty & Julie Milewski 55.95 2nd Cindy Middleton & Anne Marie Zangouras 53.08 3rd Jennifer Wardell & Kay Clement 49.75
Friday 10th April - 8 Table Mitchell Top N/S Steve Jarvis & Hilary Davis 53.44 2nd Peter & Julie Milewski 51.35 3rd Judy Lewis & Liz Crockford 50.33 Top E/W Irene Delahunty & Lee Collier 2nd Kevin Thomas & Cindy Middleton 56.22 3rd Jennifer Wardell & Keith Davidson 54.63
Should you be interested in joining the Pembroke Bridge Club group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or telephone 078 798 56512.
5 months ago
Bidding Quiz #306: North is the dealer. Try to predict the bidding between North & South, the final contract and the results (how many tricks they can take). I'll post my suggestions and analysis in a day or so. Good luck! ...
17 minutes ago
Timeline Photos3rd WBF Youth Online Leagues - The Curtain falls
Congratulations to the winners of all 3 categories, you did great!
1. Denmark - Daniel Brandgaard, Sophie Laura Bune, Søren Christian Bune, Søren Caspersen, Silas Iversen, Christian Lahrmann, Hans Letort, Oliver Rosager, Morten Bilde (Coach), Claus Lund (NPC).
2. Turkey - Oguzhan Kadioglu, Metecan Kalayci, Hakan Cuscu, Gorkem Ogze, Cenzig Ogzez, Tugrul Utku Sari, Erdem Ozturk (NPC), Suleyman Kolata (Coach).
3. England - Charles Bucknell, Jonathan Clark, Aron Hutton, Stephen Kennedy, Filippos Kritsalis, Ben Norton, Kripa Panchagnula, Oliver Powell, Tony Ye, David Bakhshi (NPC), Andrew McIntosh (Coach).
1. Italy - Cristina Brusotti, Sophia Capobianco, Eleonora Dalpozzo, Federica Dalpozzo, Valentina Dalpozzo, Annachiara Pelaggi, Maddalena Pelaggi, Claudia Scopelliti, Margherita Chavarria (NPC & Coach).
2. Serbia - Vesna Katanic, Tamara Milutinovic, Aleksandra Ovuka, Katarina Petrovic, Katarina Vujic, Ivica Bosnjak (NPC), Mihajlo Milovanovic (Coach).
3. Russia - Evgenia Antipova, Anna Baboshina, Maria Genn, Alena Kostina, Alena Inganteva, Antonina Maniva, Ekaterina Stashenkova, Mariia Vinogradova, Irina Yun, Yuri Khyuppenen(NPC), Tatiana Dikhnova(Coach).
1. Norway - Anders Brogeland, Sigruun Faag, Nicolai Heiberg-Evenstad, Jørgen Nordby, Maren Saegrov, Elias Veines-Jensen, Kristian Ellingsen (NPC), Tonje Brogeland (Coach).
2. Poland - Macielj Betlinski, Aleks Bukat, Lucja Ciborowska, Kacper Kuflowski, Franciszek Kurlit, Sebastian Zimorski, Marcin Kuflowski (NPC & Coach).
3. Israel - Amit Kurant, Ido Moskovitz, Adel Petelko, Lia Petelko, Koren Retter, Ziv Roitman, Lia Petelco (NPC), Alon Lazar (Coach).
To read more about the event click on www.worldbridge.org/2020/07/15/3rd-wbf-youth-online-leagues-the-curtain-falls/ or visit the WBF Youth Website.
#Bridge #bridgeforpeace #WBF #wbfy #online #youth #3rdwbfyouthonlineleagues #u26 #u26women #u16 ...
6 days ago
VIRTUAL MASTER SWISS TEAMS
TUESDAY JULY 28th at 7.00pm
5x5 board matches on BBO and does not involve setting up your own matches.
Please register your interest in this event by sending the real name, BBO user name and NBO number of each player to Tony.
The first 20 teams to register will be invited to pay (£20 per team) and play. ...